Where big ideas, bold action and daring adventures come from.
We often talk about confidence with an assumption that there is a shared definition. Yet confidence might look and feel different to teach of us. What does confidence mean to you?
By my definition, confidence comes from belief in our own abilities, inner strength to stand our ground and it is demonstrated in our qualities and actions. Together these attributes shape the outcomes that we can create and the successes that we can achieve.
Inspired by sourceofinsights.com, why not think about your confidence as ‘the juice to jazz your thinking being and doing in more powerful ways’.
Your challenge this week… Think about what being confident means to you and take five minutes of your precious time to do one new thing that helps you find your confidence within.
What are you waiting for?
Polly’s confidence hacks
- What you believe is what you become. Notice your unhelpful thoughts and chose a more useful thought to try on.
- Know what you stand for (your values) and stand by them.
- Recognise your capabilities and gifts and be proud of them.
- Put yourself in challenging situations that will help you achieve your goals and trust that your capability and comfort will grow from this. Repeat till this becomes your new norm.
- Don’t wait to feel confident to do new things, do things to become confident.
- Behave like you would in a confident state and allow this to influence how you feel. Fake it to become it.
- Celebrate your triumphs on a regular basis. Create a ‘success check in’ on a weekly basis and shout out, or record what you learn. What have you achieved this year so far that you are most proud of?
- Spend regular time with people who believe in you, encourage you and who cheerlead you.
- Make a habit of writing yourself a brag letter congratulating yourself for your progress where it is truly due. Read it regularly and say it out loud.
Tune in and get dancing to my favourite confidence song.
Enjoy the inspiring ‘Untapped’ video
If you think you are beaten, you are
If you think you dare not, you don’t,
If you like to win but think you can’t
its almost certain that you wont.
If you think you’ll lose, your lost
For out of the world we find,
success begins with a fellows will
Its all in the state of mind.
If you think you’re outclassed, you are.
You’ve got to think high to rise,
You have got to be sure of yourself
before you can ever win the prize.
Life’s battles don’t always go
To the strongest or fastest man,
But sooner or later the man who wins,
Is the man who thinks he can.